Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wooden Ergonomic Kneeling Posture Office Chair


I have an office job where I sit in front of a computer 80% of the time and I started having upper back & shoulder pain. I wanted to try a kneeling chair and chose this one because it was cheaper than the others, looked portable, and looked comfortable.

It is portable- it collapses so that it's only a few inches high. The design is kind of fun, too, and that's what makes it collapsible. But because of the design, the chair is somewhat limited. It has three notches available, but you can't adjust the seat or knee pad heights or tilts independently of each other. I don't know if that most kneeling chairs allow you to do that, but I think they should.

That said, you can probably use a little blanket or cushion to customize the chair fit. I'm 5'8", 120 lb and can comfortably use this chair on the top and middle settings. The seat is just big enough for me. If I were more than a few inches taller, my legs and knees would stick out front so much that the knee pad would probably not be comfortable at its current tilt and height.

Bottom line: the chair is acceptable but I might try a more adjustable one in the future. It did help with my back pain, so I'm satisfied. The quality of the chair parts was fine, seller was fine, shipping was fine, etc.

Also, there are things you'd have to get used to with any knee chair- having pressure on your shins or knees is one. Having your legs somewhat folded is another (my upper calves don't like being squished!). I will probably alternate between my regular chair and this one a few times every day.
Wooden Ergonomic Kneeling Posture Office Chair

No comments: